If you shop online as much as we do, you’re probably already aware that Amazon carries just about everything you could possibly want, often at really good prices. They’ve been the driving force behind digital disruption in more than a few retail categories! But there are a ton of ways to save even more. Check out our list of 22 ways to save money at Amazon. Even long-time Amazon shoppers may not know about all of these.
1. Low prices on Add-Ons: Add-on items are priced so cheap that Amazon won’t sell them without a larger order. If you’re spending $25 or more, this is a great way to save on thousands of smaller items.
2. Alexa Deals: Amazon’s voice-activated assistant has exclusive deals every week. You can only get these through your Amazon devices, with a Prime membership.
3. The Coupons Page. Clipping coupons is so last year. Click coupons instead and see the savings add up! There are no codes to keep track of, just quick and easy savings. Also, be sure to check out our page Amazon Coupons and Promo Codes for even more savings.
4. Amazon Family: Want to save on diapers at Amazon? If you’re a Prime member and having a baby, check out Amazon Family. You’ll get up to 20% off diapers and baby food, a free welcome box, and other perks.
5. Amazon Digital Deals: Score deals on digital content like ebooks, game codes, downloadable software and more. Plus, your Amazon Content and Devices page will keep track of all of your digital purchases for easy access!
6. Free Shipping by Amazon: Non Prime members can still get most items from Amazon shipped for free. Just order at least $25 worth of eligible items. Need just a few more dollars to get to $25? Check out the Amazon Filler Item Finder to find the cheapest items you can add to your cart.
7. Free trial of Amazon Prime: Try out all the perks of Prime membership for 30 days, free. Just don’t forget to cancel or your card will be charged for the subscription fee.
8. Gift Cards: Buy Amazon gift cards through a site like raise.com for less than face value to save before you even start to shop.
9. Amazon Household: Prime members can share free shipping perks with household members. Plus, share digital content through your Family Library.
10. No-Rush Shipping: Prime members get fast free delivery, but if you can wait, choose “No Rush” shipping and earn rewards toward future orders.
11. Amazon Outlet: Full of markdowns and overstocks, the Outlet is a great place to score discounts and deals on electronics, accessories, clothing, kitchen gadgets, and so much more!
12. Pre-Order Price Guarantee: On pre-orders, Amazon will charge you the lowest price available between the time you order and the day your order ships, so you can save without monitoring prices.
13. Price tracker sites: Sites like CamelCamelCamel alert you when prices drop, so you can see price trends and buy when the price is lowest.
14. Prime Rewards Visa: Amazon’s branded Visa card offers 1-5% back on every purchase, online and in person!
15. Prime Store Credit Card: Earn 5% back on Amazon orders with your Prime membership when you pay using the Prime Store Credit Card.
16. Prime Student: College students get six whole months of Prime free, plus half off Prime after the trial ends.
17. Subscribe and Save at Amazon: Subscribe to pantry staples, beauty and personal care products, pet or baby supplies, and other items you buy over and over. You’ll get the convenience of regular deliveries you schedule as you like, and save up to 15% off each order too!
18. Today’s Deals: You never know what you might find. From lightning deals to limited time sales, save in almost every department.
19. Trade-In Program: Trade in your old tech, games, books, movies, and other items and score an Amazon gift card in return.
20. Treasure Truck: One of the newest programs, Amazon’s Treasure Truck travels select cities with a new handpicked deal every day.
21. Amazon Warehouse: Score some amazing discount offers on quality used products and open box goods.
22. Woot! Deals: Woot! is one of the original daily deals sites for tech, and it’s now part of the Amazon family. So much woot-y goodness to be had!
So what exactly do you get if you sign up for Amazon Prime? It includes so much more than free two day shipping. Check out the many freebies and perks Prime members can access:
- Prime Delivery – free one day or two day delivery on tens of millions of items across the site.
- Prime Now – if you’re in range of one of their warehouses, you can get free 2 hour delivery on thousands of items.
- Release-Date Delivery – Pre-order items like books, movies, music, and games, and you’re guaranteed to get them delivered on release day.
- Amazon Restaurants – In select cities, Amazon will even pick up dinner from your favorite take out spot and bring it to your door. Honestly, is there anything they can’t deliver?
- Early Access to Deals – Prime members can take advantage of limited time deals before everyone else.
- Prime Savings in Video Games – Members only savings on pre-order box games and more.
- Shopping with Alexa – order all kinds of items using just your voice!
- Prime Pantry – Non-perishable groceries delivered to your door.
- Amazon Elements – exclusive premium vitamins and nutritional supplements and Amazon branded baby wipes.
- Amazon Dash – Fast and easy reordering, online on anywhere else.
- Prime Video – Check out exclusive Amazon Originals like Transparent, Bosch, Hand of God, and The Man in the High Castle. Plus there are plenty of popular movies and television shows, all free to stream on your favorite devices.
- Prime Music – A free streaming service featuring over 2 million songs, and all ad free, just for members.
- Read and Play:
- Prime Reading – Read unlimited free ebooks, magazines, Audible narrations, and more from their vast free Prime catalog.
- Kindle First – Next month’s new releases, today. Prime members get one future best-seller, curated by Amazon’s team of editors, free per month.
- Audible Channels – Listen to original audio series and playlists from your favorite device.
- Twitch Prime – For gamers, Prime has free in-game loot from Twitch, free games, and a free channel subscription every month so you can show support for your favorite broadcasters and stream ad free.
Even seasoned Amazon shoppers may not know about all of these features. They won’t necessarily save you money (though they might), but we think they’re kinda neat!
- Interesting Finds: Looking for a unique gift or just want to browse a bit? Click the banner at the very top of your Amazon homepage. We guarantee you’ll find fun and interesting items you’ve never seen before! (Watch out – this feature can be addictive!)
- Amazon Smile: This won’t save you any money, but it will put your shopping dollars to a good use. Amazon Smile allows you to donate a small percentage of your orders to the charity of your choice. And it doesn’t cost you a cent!
- Wish Lists and Registries: Amazon wish lists and gift registries allow you to add anything at all to your list, from anywhere on the web. You can organize lists and keep some private, and you can search for friends’ public lists by name or email address.
- Amazon Fresh: If you’re lucky enough to live in one of the areas where Amazon Fresh is available, it’s a great way to get your groceries delivered right to your door. And the prices are comparable to your local grocery store too!
- Prime Pantry: For the rest of us, there’s Prime Pantry. You won’t find fresh produce or meats, but it’s a great way to order packaged, shelf-stable foods that might be hard to find locally. And thanks to the Whole Foods acquisition, they’ve got a whole slew of new natural and organic options available!
- Launchpad: Amazon has collected products from some of “today’s brightest startups” and put them on offer through their Launchpad program. Plus, explore collections from Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, and more.
- Wickedly Prime: Did you know that Amazon has their own line of private label foods? Wickedly Prime features unique flavors like roasted salted plantain chips, organic herbal teas, cocoa truffle spreads, and minestrone soup with italian sausage!
- Coinstar: You’ve probably seen Coinstar kiosks in your local grocery store, but did you know they charge no fee on electronic gift cards? Cash in that loose change for an Amazon card and put it to good use!